1953 chevy truck ad

1953 chevy truck ad

Saturday, February 14, 2015

It Begins

Hello,

This blog is about my 1953 Chevy 3100 pickup truck.  Currently, it is not running.  However, I have plans for making it a running truck.  I do not plan on restoring the truck right now, just making it safe to drive an enjoy.  Here I am with the truck:



I hope to track the progress that I'm making in getting the truck back onto the road.  Along the way I'll be posting pictures of everything with before and after shots, so that you can see what has happened.  So far, I've done a few things.  The biggest thing is to salvage a Chevy 235 engine from a 1961 Chevy Impala.  It was not running when I salvaged it, but it does run now.  I'll post an entire entry on the engine.  Currently, I am replacing the entire braking system.  That will also be a separate entry.

So for now, as I figure out how to work this site and get my info and pics together, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. Comments, suggestions, tips or questions. I'll try to post a response as quickly as possible.