1953 chevy truck ad

1953 chevy truck ad

Friday, May 6, 2016

Securing The Gray Ghost Borders And Checking A Box

Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you know that Blogger has changed the settings for the website.  The URL now includes "https" instead of just "http".  If you use the old "http" you will get a redirect to the new address.  So, if you've bookmarked the old address, you should update the bookmark.

On a different note, I've added a feature at the bottom of my posts.  It's a set of check boxes to like, dislike, etc my posts.  I'm just short of 1,000 page views and have only received a handful of comments.  Clearly my audience is shy or my posts are boring....  I thought this would be a quick way to get some feedback, so come on readers and Gray Ghost fans: check a box!

Here's a previously unpublished pic of the Gray Ghost to get you motivated!



Of course, its the heater!  I'll be taking it out and doing a restoration on it.  This style of heater uses a unique circular heater core.  It has 2 semi-circular halves that are soldered together with an inlet hose on one half and and outlet on the other.  There are some companies that refurbish these cores, but I think I'm going to use a new product that fits the same space (is circular) but is one piece and includes a 12v blower motor.  Most importantly, it's the same price as refurbing the old one.  Sounds like a win-win.  Now I just have to get the funds together....  Story of my restoration life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. Comments, suggestions, tips or questions. I'll try to post a response as quickly as possible.