1953 chevy truck ad

1953 chevy truck ad

Monday, January 22, 2018

Math Stinks and Other Things

Well Gray Ghost fans, the title says it all.  Math stinks.  Probably because I stink at doing it....  Regardless, today was supposed to be an easy trip to my flaps (friendly local auto parts store) to get a smaller fan belt and then off to the radiator removal from the old truck.  A funny thing happened on the way to the radiator.  It's called three trips to the flaps to finally get the right fan belt.  Clearly my math, my measuring of non-linear distances and my logic were all wrong.  That left me with trial and error, which lead to the three trips to the flaps.  In the end, I got the right belt and was able to install it.  Here's the money shot:


A belt that can be installed onto all three pulleys and allows for the alternator to be positioned away from the block but within the slot of the upper bracket is a very specific length.  So trial and error save the day, just not the gas in my car.

You may have guessed by now, but I never got close to the radiator.  That'll have to wait for my next day in the garage.

And that's the point of this post.  This is one of those things that happens when doing this kind of project.  You can't really factor it into your schedule.  You just have to deal with it.  It's not a sprint, even though I really want to get to the engine swap.  All things in time.  Easier said than done.

Cya next time, Gray Ghost Fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. Comments, suggestions, tips or questions. I'll try to post a response as quickly as possible.